Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Cleveland State among finalist for Tamell Pearson

Photo courtesy of PrepHoops.com.
Class of 2018 Morgan Park (IL) power forward Tamell Pearson announced his final six schools on Wednesday, and Cleveland State made the cut.

The other finalists includes Missouri State, Murray State, Oklahoma State, UAB, and Washington State.

Pearson, a three-star recruit, is rated the third-best prospect in Illinois by ESPN and the 31st best power forward nationally.

The 6-foot-8 Pearson is a native of Chicago and played AAU basketball this summer for Mac Irvin Fire.




In a free story over at PrepHoops.com, here’s what Pearson had to say about each of his six finalists:

Cleveland State:  “They promised me a lot of opportunity to expand my game at the next level. Being able to come in and contribute my freshman year.”

Missouri State:  “They told me I can be a great player in their system. They have been recruiting me very hard from the very beginning.”

Murray State:  “They came in during the middle of the process and told me that I would be great in their system.”

Oklahoma State:  “They have been in there from the very start. They have been recruiting me for a long time. I really love the school and the atmosphere.”

UAB:  “They are a great school. They are recruiting me the hardest out of everyone. I love the coach. They call me every day and check up on me. I will be able to contribute there my freshman year.”  

Washington State:  “The coach comes from Chicago and knows a lot about me. They came in late during Vegas. I really love the research I did about their school.”

CSU has six scholarships to fill in the class of 2018.

No comments: